• Scales Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday | Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday


AMA Recycling is a full service scrap metal recycler.

We Buy All Ferrous and Non Ferrous Metals.

Please contact us at 434-791-1071 for current scrap metal prices.

We pay cash for junk cars and all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. We offer a complete range of scrap services including vehicle pick up, roll-off container service, and flatbed and open-top trailers for larger scrap projects. We offer superior customer service and proudly serve many local areas including Danville, Greensboro, Lynchburg, Martinsville, South Boston, and many other areas in North Carolina and Virginia. We are proud to operate a modern and environmentally friendly scrap and auto recycling operation. Come experience what makes us different!

Commercial - Industrial Roll Off Service

Take your pick from the following containers:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Junk Cars: What do I have to do to a car before I can sell it to you?
A: Nothing. Push it in, drive it in, tow it in. OK to have Gas in, oil in, tires on, gas tank on, no problem. We buy cars in any condition!

Q: What paperwork do I need to sell you a car?
A: You must have a valid State or Federal Photo ID. We are licensed to buy cars with and without titles. If you do not have the title or the title is not in your name then a $25 DMV processing fee will be deducted from the amount we pay you. Titles are preferred when possible.

Q: Do you pick up cars?
A: Yes, please fill out this form to schedule your car for pick up or call us at 434-791-1071, ext 1106.

Q: What are your scrap metal prices?
A: Click here to view current prices. Please note that prices are subject to change at any time.

Q: What types of material do you buy?
A: Anything Metal or mostly Metal, including things like car batteries, appliances and old farm equipment. Click on What We Buy for a better idea of all the types of materials we recycle.

Q: Where are you located?
A: 1692 Halifax Road Danville, VA 24540

Q: Will you pick up my scrap?
A: We offer roll-off container service for commercial customers, demolition jobs, and farm or property cleanups. Please contact us for more details.

Q: What hours are you open? Are you open Saturday?
A: Our office is open on Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, and the scales close at 4:30 p.m. No, we are not open on Saturdays.

Q: Do I need a special license, or papers to sell your material?
A: No. For scrap metal recycling, you just need a valid (current), State, or Federal photo ID. If you are recycling “second-hand building materials” such as plumbing or electrical materials, the City of Danville requires you to obtain a permit to possess that material if you are not a licensed contractor. The permit is free and easy to obtain. Click here for more information. PLEASE NOTE, THIS PERMIT APPLIES ONLY TO CERTAIN BUILDING MATERIALS. IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR MOST METAL RECYCLING.

Q: How do I get my money? Cash or check?
A: We typically pay cash although checks are available upon request.

Simple modal box
Part Inquiry Form